|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Kakar Advocates LLC|
|Experience:||Minimum 3 years|
|Education:||Juris Doctorate (JD), LL.M. degree, or equivalent|
Kakar Advocates, LLC, is a full-service international commercial law firm based in Kabul, Afghanistan. We are a diverse group of lawyers uniquely positioned to provide a broad range of legal services to international and Afghan business enterprises. Driven by the passion for teamwork, global outlook, and local execution, we strive to serve our clients efficiently and effectively to help them achieve their business goals and objectives. Our team combines international experience with local knowledge to provide the highest standard of service to clients. The team includes internationally trained attorneys, Afghan attorneys, tax and corporate consultants, as well as Afghan government relation specialists. The attorneys have worked in large and prominent US law firms, in addition to occupying important positions, among others, as Advisor to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff, Advisor to the Attorney General, Advisor to the Minister of Justice, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of a commercial bank, US Army Judge Advocate, Senior Defense Counsel, scholar at Harvard Law School, and U.S. diplomat in the Middle East.
Kakar Advocates seeks to hire a full-time Senior Associate Attorneys who will be working at our firm in Kabul, Afghanistan. The Senior Associate Attorney should have a JD (Juris Doctorate) degree and minimum 5 years of experience in law field. The candidate should also be licensed to practice law in at least one jurisdiction. Based on qualifications and interests, the Senior Associate Attorney will have the opportunity to work on cases in the firm’s various practice areas as well as on ongoing legal reform consultancy projects.
The Senior Associate Attorney will be performing the following tasks under the supervision of the Senior Counsel:
• Handling multiple legal matters simultaneously and independently;
• Responsibility for distribution of assignments, legal and non-legal, among associates/subordinates;
• Responsibility for legal end products to clients, which are legally solid and commercially viable;
• Preparing case theories and memorandums;
• Representing clients independently or alongside other attorneys in all meetings, proceedings, and negotiations;
• Performing due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts and agreements;
• Client management in consultation with Managing Partner and Senior Counsel;
• Reporting to senior management on progress of matters and general performance of the legal teams on a regular basis;
• Creating and maintaining good rapport with the firm’s clients through effective and consistent communication and proper explanation of legal proceedings to clients;
• Preparing reports that keep all stakeholders up-to-date of the progress of a case;
• Prospecting for new clients through marketing, networking, writing articles and speaking engagements;
• Participating in business development and marketing related initiatives with a view to building the practice;
• Contributing to the firm values and culture through participation in CSR, pro-bono and social activities.
• Coaching associate attorneys and legal assistants, building capacity of associates and legal assistants, including periodical evaluation;
Please note the following when applying:
• Mention position title on the subject of the email;
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Afghanistan has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Broadband connection is not available in everywhere and mobile data as a most used way to connect to the world is very expensive. Job search portals are very heavy and takes lots of time to load; therefore making it very hard and time-consuming for job seekers to find their dream job. To address this problem we launched Afghanistan's first speed optimized job search portal, with at least 15 times faster load time and maximum 200 kbs page size.