|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As Per Organization Salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Save the Children|
|Experience:||Minimum 5 years of experience in national and/or i|
|Contract Duration:||Fixed Term|
|Education:||University Graduate (University degree at Civil engineering, water engineering, public health and an|
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI - Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
Under the supervision of the DHoO, the WASH coordinator will be responsible to provide leadership and participate in assessments, Design of construction projects, prepare bill of quantities, supervision and monitoring of all construction projects and working with Sector heads and DHoO in planning and monitoring Construction budgets and developing DIPs, PP and share progress reports to the concerned sectors and budget holders. He will participate in emergency preparedness activities and be ready to respond in the event of an emergency, as required.
The WASH Coordinator will work under the supervision of the DHoO and technically to the WASH Program manager and the respective budget holders
• Supporting the WASH team in developing appropriate immediate and longer-term WASH/construction response plan and outline strategy for longer-term WASH
• Work with teams to provide technical inputs to develop high quality concept notes and proposals related to WASH/construction as mandated under WASH strategy, Support in development of project concept notes and proposals, including innovative quick impact projects both for stand-alone WASH/construction and integrated WASH/construction projects.
• Provide technical support to save the children teams in designing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating WASH/construction project activities that are integrated into other sectors. Ensure technical quality of programs and support team to analyse monitoring data to improve program design and implementation
• Strengthen coordination and integration between, Health and Nutrition, Education and CP, FSL, Shelter /Infra programmes and develop ideas for integration of hygiene promotion activities with health and nutrition, education and Child protection interventions including adopting learning from previous WASH responses/hygiene promotion activities.
Technical Capacity Building and Support
• In close discussion with the WASH teams, make regular frequent field visits to review programs and build field staff and implementing partner’s capacity in quality programme implementation. Build the humanitarian response capacity of field team to be able to cope with the increasing severe condition of the communities.
• Support the area team to ensure child participation and community involvement in the project cycle management and providing timely technical support through hands-on training/scale up on WASH/construction response activities including water supply, sanitation and hygiene promotion
• Monitor completion of quality WASH/construction facilities in targeted communities and institutional WASH/construction facilities in health/Nutrition facilities, schools/TLS, CBEs, health centres and CFS (where relevant)
• Where and when required, review proposal, outputs and indicators, budgets and BvAs with the WASH team to ensure timely delivery of programmes
• Design and develop WASH/construction designs, BOQs and technical specifications and including working with logistics in development of tender documents for successful tendering process
• Liaise with the appropriate authorities to attain design approvals and share where necessary reports with the authorities and the cluster in general.
Representation and Advocacy
• Represent Save the Children in the weekly WASH cluster meetings and all related meetings or of any WASH and construction related forums.
• Support field teams as requested and build their capacity to lead representation and advocacy in technical, government and civil society related to WASH and construction approaches
• Support Senior Program Managers in documenting best practices and lessons learned in the course of the programme implementation.
• Monitor the capacity building and community mobilization activities, advocacy sessions for quality assurance and prepare review reports with recommendations for continuous quality improvement in collaboration with MEAL team
Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation
• Undertake and lead rapid assessments in emergencies and standard surveys and generate quality assessment and survey reports
• Assist and support in reviewing of quality benchmark and reports
• Support field teams and partne
University Graduate (University degree at Civil engineering, water engineering, public health and any other related fields)
Minimum 5 years of experience in national and/or international NGOs including at least 1 years in WASH programs
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Good knowledge of water, sanitation and hygiene
• Experience in behaviour change communications, and hygiene-related topics is an asset.
• Construction skills in the field of water and sanitation is an asset
• Knowledge in conducting training and capacity building,
• Strong experience in and familiarity with protection and gender-related issues.
• Good organization, planning and reporting skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skill
• Good team interaction and positive attitude
• Familiar with Word, Excel, and Skype
• Ability to communication English languages is an asset
• Fluent in local language (both written and spoken)
• Experience in implementing WASH activities in Mobile health facility settings and temporary learning institutions
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.
Afghanistan has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Broadband connection is not available in everywhere and mobile data as a most used way to connect to the world is very expensive. Job search portals are very heavy and takes lots of time to load; therefore making it very hard and time-consuming for job seekers to find their dream job. To address this problem we launched Afghanistan's first speed optimized job search portal, with at least 15 times faster load time and maximum 200 kbs page size.