National Mental Health Hospital MHPSS Manager in Kabul
||As per organizational salary scale
|No. Of Jobs:
||International Medical Corps
||Psychologist-clinical/ psychiatrist graduated from a recognized university).
About International Medical Corps:
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief programs. IMC is carrying out medical relief services in several provinces of Afghanistan.
The Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Manager will oversee all MHPSS services providing in this hospital and will manage and supervise the MHPSS team and monitor IMC’s partnership with WHO and other local partners including MoPH for the implementation of this project.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Closely coordinate with MHPSS Coordinator and Sr. MHPSS Manger to contribute for the MHPSS programming including strategy development and monitoring of the services in National Mental Health Hospital.
- The Hospital MHPSS team will receive regular clinical/ psychological interventions’ supervision in case by case.
- Manage the MHPSS team support with team building on the job coaching performance reviews and professional development of staff.
- Closely work with local NGO partner(s) and relevant government focal points for the implementation and monitoring of MHPSS projects.
- Provide continual technical guidance and support for MHPSS-related trainings and supervision under the guidance of MHPSS coordinator.
- Prepare and implement the capacity development program and support national trainers to roll out trainings.
- Support the development of MHPSS referral pathways with partner NGO(s) and external service providers to strengthen links to available MHPSS- and Protection-related services.
- In collaboration with local partners engage community leader’s community-based organizations and other service providers in supporting beneficiaries to access MHPSS services as well as ensuring their feedback for quality monitoring and accountability.
- Lead the development of MHPSS-related IEC materials Including translation in Dari and Pashto and celebration of the International Mental Health Day.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation of MHPSS services and development of M&E tools and collection and analysis of program data.
- Prepare MHPSS reporting on a regular basis.
- Work closely with support departments to support program administration and the logistical implementation of activities in program sites.
- Mainstream MHPSS within IMC across sectors and with partners and service providers.
- Participate in MHPSS coordination meetings for information sharing collaboration with partners referral mechanisms and advocacy for best practices and IASC MHPSS guidelines.
- Psychologist-clinical/ psychiatrist graduated from a recognized university).
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience coordinating MHPSS projects in humanitarian settings.
- Knowledgeable in and experience following IASC Guidelines on MHPSS in Emergencies and international best practices on the integration of MHPSS into primary health care settings.
- Demonstrable technical expertise in the assessment design and delivery of responses to pre-existing and emergency induced MHPSS needs.
- Training experience required; capacity and proven track record in national staff and partner training and capacity-building.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work within a team structure or independently flexible and can cope with stressful workload.
- Honest hardworking and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within different cultural environments.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Please note that:
- IMC commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- IMC will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- IMC may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link:
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure that you have Entered All Education, Work Experiences Details Completely, Accurate & at the end of the application you press Submit.
Preference will be given to local residence applicants.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.