|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As Per Organization Salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||2|
|Organization:||Save the Children|
|Experience:||2 years of work experience|
|Contract Duration:||Fixed Term|
|Education:||Bachelor degree education, psychology and social science|
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI - Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
Child Protection Caseworker’s supervisor will be responsible for the provision of support to case management services and community mobilization activities in the project coverage area in Kandahar provinces. He/ She will be responsible to work directly on Child Protection Case Workers.
Key Areas of Accountability:
1. Provide supportive supervision to case workers
2. Hold weekly case meetings with case workers within department
3. Access, track and update CP cases management database
4. Attend case conference and hold case conferences based on need
5. Support the case workers to Undertake and meet all case management responsibilities in relation to individual children, including drafting of case plans within two weeks of identification, as directed by the line manager.
6. Establish a good working relation with authorities in communities and maintain regular, effective and meaningful contact with children and families,
7. Safe storage of all case management forms, ensuring confidentiality and sharing information with approved individuals on a need to know basis.
8. Facilitate awareness raising for communities on relevant child protection concerns, case management reporting mechanisms, service mapping and referrals.
9. Providing support, guidance and counselling to families and individuals in need, including facilitation of group PSS sessions.
10. Mapping and regular update of the existing services and awareness raising on existing services among targeted communities.
11. Ensure that case plans are regularly reviewed and facilitate the attendance of all key stakeholders at relevant meetings including case conferences and reviews.
12. Regular visit and monitoring of activities in CFSs, provision of technical support to CFS facilitators on how to facilitate and conduction of recreational activities.
13. Capacity building of local child protection structures for safe identification and referrals of child protection cases.
14. Providing capacity building sessions for communities on Positive Discipline in Everyday Parenting, CPiE and (NEVA) Neglect, Exploitation, Violence and Abuse,
15. Support access to legal supports and services for cases and their families as need and where possible.
16. Report any child safeguarding concerns related to Save the Children Child Safeguarding focal point considering the SCI - Child Safeguarding Policy
17. Attend relevant inter-agency coordination meetings, workshops and conferences as required and assigned by Line Manager.
18. To develop short-term implementation plans (weekly and monthly) and long-term plan according to annual project work plan.
19. Maintain and effective filing system for storing project documentation in accordance with standard procedures.
20. Conduction of ongoing assessment to address child protection cases
21. To assist the CP Officer, referring to other services in case of specific needs
22. To collect valid activity data of the project on weekly and monthly basis to prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
23. Any other tasks relate to child protection programs given by line manager
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to SC Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
• Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
• Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children
Lead, manage and motivate a team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
Other duties as directed.
Supporting other project team in related to Save the Children programs.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
• Bachelor degree education, psychology and social science with 2 years of work experience
• Knowledge of the dominant language in the province.
• Computer Knowledge.
• Good knowledge of English language.
• Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
• Strong communication skill especially with the communities and children
• Ability to travel within project coverage districts & other provinces as needed
Additional job responsibilities
• Supporting other project staff for the implementation of program activities
• Take active role in responses whenever an emergency happens
• Assist support staffs when needed
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by sending the below documents mentioning the position title and vacancy number (220003WW) in the subject of their email before closing date 27-Jun-22
* Letter of Interest and Update CV as a single document
* SCI application form: http://www.acbar.org/upload/1572430756959.docx
Afghanistan has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Broadband connection is not available in everywhere and mobile data as a most used way to connect to the world is very expensive. Job search portals are very heavy and takes lots of time to load; therefore making it very hard and time-consuming for job seekers to find their dream job. To address this problem we launched Afghanistan's first speed optimized job search portal, with at least 15 times faster load time and maximum 200 kbs page size.