|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per salary scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Experience:||4 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||10 Months|
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC's institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country's context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
1. Understand the project outputs, outcomes and the ultimate results
2. Lead and support the project Need Assessment (NA), make sure the eligible project participants selected, and contribute to the NA report.
3. Develop the project logrfame, M&E system, M&E plan and data collection tools
4. Ensure regular data collection of project, as well as ensure quality of the data by random verification validation and cross checking
5. Supervise the field staff and data collectors and manage their day today activities
6. Provide technical support and evidence based recommendation to the M&E Coordinators/Officers and project staff.
7. Provide capacity building to the field staff to collect quality, accurate and precise data
8. Coordinate with the project staff over planning and monitoring activities that will take place as per project implementation plans
9. Carry out field monitoring visits covering all project activities and debrief the implementation managers over areas of improvement rigorously.
10. Reporting of critical findings through the existing M&E mechanisms on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
11. Analyze the data and report on the project outputs/outcomes/impact indicators on periodic basis.
12. Support the donor and other stakeholders during monitoring visits as per instructions of implementation managers and M&E department
13. Support the implementation managers through feedback obtained from beneficiary community.
14. Ensure accountability at all levels of implementation including communication of complaints and response reciprocally between project and beneficiary community.
15. Ensure data integrity, validity, quality of products as well as delivery to the beneficiaries.
16. Contribute to and support the M&E Manager and Team Leader in M&E, project progress reports and reports to the donor
17. Carry out safeguarding monitoring at all levels of project as per devised safeguarding plan for the project
18. Report on persistent issues through the current special reporting mechanism of M&E department.
19. Comply with the BRAC MIS/M&E SOPs and guidelines
20. Practice, promote and endorse the issues of BRAC safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
21. Attend coordination meetings with project and come up with proposals that can support the efficient delivery of services for the target community.
22. Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
• Minimum 4-6 years’ relevant experience in the areas of planning, M&E and reporting, especially in the grass root level, Monitoring and Research Coordination, Community Mobilization, and Community Development projects.
• Experience with the humanitarian response actions, livelihood improvement, women economic empowerment, business development and community-driven development is desirable.
• Experience in NFIs or FIs distribution monitoring
• Experience with one time monitoring approaches and techniques
• Demonstrated experience of assessing progress and
sustainability of projects/programmes of identifying timely corrective action
• Good organizational, communication, interpersonal, and team skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills.
• Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari, both written and spoken
• Familiar with report writing and planning
• Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
• Training and capacity building skills in participatory monitoring method
• Monitoring and evaluating, reporting and results-based management
• Demonstrated experience of building and maintain a reliable M&E database on
the status of project implementation, delivery, evaluations, and reporting
• Experience of working in teams and coordinating with project/Programme personnel located in distant offices
• Experience of producing M&E Guidelines, frameworks, training material
• Demonstrated experience in capturing learning and documenting knowledge
• Demonstrated skills in digitized data collection and management (Kobo toolbox, ODK, Google forms/sheets, etc.)
IInterested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan, Haji Mir Ahmad Street, Baharistan, Karte parewan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
To apply please click on the below link: https://www.jobs.af/jobs/senior-monitoring-and-evaluation-officer-12
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply
Afghanistan has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Broadband connection is not available in everywhere and mobile data as a most used way to connect to the world is very expensive. Job search portals are very heavy and takes lots of time to load; therefore making it very hard and time-consuming for job seekers to find their dream job. To address this problem we launched Afghanistan's first speed optimized job search portal, with at least 15 times faster load time and maximum 200 kbs page size.