|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per company salary scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Contract Duration:||Project Based|
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC's institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country's context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
• To be responsible for improving knowledge & practice of the midwifes through supervision & on the job training regarding the reproductive health activities in the project health facilities (MHNTs);
• To assist MHNTs staff particularly midwives in the planning and implementing of program;
• To be fully aware from responsibilities of MOPH (RMNCH, PPHD and technical departments) and BRAC toward project implementation;
• To ensure that all relevant staff are aware from project work schedule (as approved in the contract) and updates his/her supervisor on monthly basis;
• To ensure that progress against project key indicators (RMCNH indicators are updated on monthly base at provincial office and district office and MHNTs;
• To closely monitor the performance of project key indicators versus set targets on monthly basis and makes sure effective action plans are developed to achieve project targets both at provincial office and MHNTs level;
• To ensure that project meets Maximum STANDARDS for staffing and services as reflected in the approved contract;
• To conduct slide presentation to all sub office co-workers on RMNCH policies, strategies and supervision system related to his/her field of expertise based on capacity building department developed orientation plans;
• To ensure that BSC and RMNCH checklists are implemented in each MHNT once per quarter;
• To ensure that HMIS verification checklist is implemented once per month per MHNT for data accuracy and quality;
• To establish/maintain easy to access and meaningful filing system and record keeping
• To stablish/maintain tracking system of main activities to systematically measure the progress;
• To improve skills of staff (particularly midwives regarding early detection of breast and cervical cancer;
• To check, analyze the Reproduction Health and Health Management Information System activities on monthly basis;
• To provide monthly report of Maternal and Child Health activities to his/her technical specialist of health;
• To provide and submit on time mission/activity reports to his/her line supervisor on daily/ weekly base (written document or e-mail);
• To be ensured that each MHNT under his/her supervisory list is visited at least once per month including supervision from one EPI outreach site per month by health and nutrition supervisor and technical officer;
• Maintain close coordination with RMNCH department of MoPH and other stakeholders at center level
• To perform any other official task assigned by line supervisor and team leader
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
• Good organizational, communication, interpersonal, and team skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills.
• Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari, both written and spoken
• Familiar with report writing and planning
• Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
• Received Safe motherhood, HMIS, Nutrition, Monitoring and supervision, and report writing trainings
• Training and capacity building skills in participatory monitoring methods.
• Computer knowledge and skill
• Skill on result-based work plan (using logical framework) on strategy including budget related issues
• Ensure monthly reports and other reports from concerned supervisor with qualitative and quantitative information
• Knowledge on materials development
• Coordination skill with MoPH, BPHS implementer, Govt. officials, and local elected bodies, NGO’s, project experts and concern community members
• 5-7 years’ relevant experience, especially within NGO or similar organizations.
• Work experience at the grass root level, MHNT project, BPHS project and Nutrition project.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan,
To apply please click on the below: https://www.jobs.af/jobs/reproductive-health-coordinator-2/apply
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply.
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job please contact to jobs.af technical team through WhatsApp 0773020100
Afghanistan has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Broadband connection is not available in everywhere and mobile data as a most used way to connect to the world is very expensive. Job search portals are very heavy and takes lots of time to load; therefore making it very hard and time-consuming for job seekers to find their dream job. To address this problem we launched Afghanistan's first speed optimized job search portal, with at least 15 times faster load time and maximum 200 kbs page size.