|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per salary scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||10 Months|
|Education:||Master degree in Social Science, agriculture, agribusiness, business or other related field|
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC's institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country's context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
• Provide technical advice to Technical Specailist and Technical Officer- Livelihoods at field level in designing appropriate and innovative livelihood and community development initiatives.
• She/He will develop market linkage tools or mechanism for the project participants
•Assist to ensure effective implementation of livelihoods support activities and strategies at the provincial/districtlevel on time.
• Assist to execute the participant & staff training as per guidance of project management.
• Staff capacity development in livelihoods related knowledge through different types of technical training, workshop, meeting, field visit.
• Communicate and keep liaison with the respective Province and District relevant government authorities.
• Ensure livelihoods related different reports from the field, analysis all report and take necessary initiative, and submit to team leader
• Follow technical guidance from technical wing of programme to take necessary initiatives for the programme as per need.
• Assist to bring innovation in specific context to add value to livelihoods sector which will drive poject toward effectiveness and sustainability
• Participate in different meeting, forum and provide inputs & reflection for the betterment of project.
• Coordinate and maintain good relationship with the relevant external project stakeholders
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
•Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
• Good computer knowledge specially MS Office.
IInterested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan, Haji Mir Ahmad Street, Baharistan, Karte parewan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
To apply please click on the below link: https://www.jobs.af/jobs/technical-specialist-livelihood
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply
Afghanistan has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Broadband connection is not available in everywhere and mobile data as a most used way to connect to the world is very expensive. Job search portals are very heavy and takes lots of time to load; therefore making it very hard and time-consuming for job seekers to find their dream job. To address this problem we launched Afghanistan's first speed optimized job search portal, with at least 15 times faster load time and maximum 200 kbs page size.