|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|No. Of Jobs:||7|
|Organization:||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Contract Duration:||One year with possibility of extension|
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food-insecure Afghans, including women and children, and families affected by conflict and natural disasters. In the approved Country Strategic Plan (2018-2022), WFP Afghanistan is well placed to provide comprehensive support to the country in achieving Zero Hunger by 2030 via its six closely interrelated outcomes, which range from emergency response to livelihoods creation, as well as nutrition Programmes based on a life-cycle approach, and the strengthening of national food systems.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world's largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide WFP ICT standard software and hardware on time supports and services for 268 users.
- Assist in the initial deployment of new IT infrastructure at new premises.
- Effectively manage IT ServiceDesk and IT ticketing system daily for efficient and on-time support provided to the users.
- Actively participate in daily, weekly and external meetings and reflect the ICT point of view.
- Actively participate in ICT daily activities, i.e. LAN, WAN, Telecomms and PABX.
- Provide report to Property Officer for all incoming and outgoing equipment from/to of ICT stock and keep the ICT IN/OUT Log Book up to date for ICT own record.
- Carry-out system and equipment maintenance tasks, such as: System backup, System Protection and System Security.
- Undertake basic monitoring and troubleshooting of server systems to ensure a consistent delivery of IT services to staff.
- Respond to any technical and operational level queries and provide support accordingly.
- Provision of support to field offices’ ICT colleagues for SCOPE implementation and operationalization.
- Work positively, cooperatively and respectfully as a member of the ICT unit with other users.
- Ensure information is up to date and accurate within inventories, databases, websites, and archives in order to support senior officers in managing these systems.
- With direction from senior colleagues, collate information to be included in standard material such as training documentation and web content to contribute to the availability of information about services and products.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in Enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
- Handle/manage small/medium projects under tight deadlines.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) in Dari and Pashto is required.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, Dari and Pashto.
Please copy and paste the below link into the browser to access the VA.
Afghanistan has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Broadband connection is not available in everywhere and mobile data as a most used way to connect to the world is very expensive. Job search portals are very heavy and takes lots of time to load; therefore making it very hard and time-consuming for job seekers to find their dream job. To address this problem we launched Afghanistan's first speed optimized job search portal, with at least 15 times faster load time and maximum 200 kbs page size.