|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|No. Of Jobs:||8|
|Organization:||United Nations World Food Programme|
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food-insecure Afghans, including women and children, and families affected by conflict and natural disasters. In the approved Country Strategic Plan (2018-2022), WFP Afghanistan is well placed to provide comprehensive support to the country in achieving Zero Hunger by 2030 via its six closely interrelated outcomes, which range from emergency response to livelihoods creation, as well as nutrition Programmes based on a life-cycle approach, and the strengthening of national food systems.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world's largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change.
To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Ensure the WFP Afghanistan all System backups and data security/privacy by collecting and analyzing accurate reports on ICT activities, investments, deployment, and managing WFP corporate standards.
- Provide end user ICT supports to all staff including visitors and consultants as per WFP corporate standards
- Make sure for document/filling management system support of Office365 packages to all users. Presenting and guidance to the users for the usage of Office365 Packages are properly managed.
- Make sure for the management and support of WFP AFG Ticketing System and WFP AFG ITService Desk emails on regular basis, provide solution/support or feedback on technician assignment.
- Directly in touch with the users regarding of using the license-based software according to the WFP policy and standard, further following up with the software procurement processes, installation and guidance to the users.
- Visit/Survey, Support for the end users and weekly maintenance of all network devices within the organization.
- Follow to set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency ICT assistance/support after official and/or weekends.
- Monitor WFP Corporate Apps, system security, and make sure all systems are up to date and complied with WFP security policy
- To ensure staff have access to the required ICT services and products both on Intranet and Internet 24/7.
- To ensure ICT policies, procedures, systems, and tools are correctly applied to assist WFP staff (and other UN agencies when needed) in conducting their Work.
- Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialized network monitoring and system protection, to ensure ICT infrastructure is running effectively and efficiently.
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyze data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend ICT solutions to support informed decision-making.
- Provide technical and operational support to the CP and programme team to effectively operationalize the WFP SCOPE (Beneficiary management system) in the relevant area.
- Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT unit to support the continuous improvement of ICT services provided.
- Understand global data privacy and protection rules and regulations.
- Keep up-to-date technical systems documentation for advanced IT solutions to support systems maintenance.
- Resolve queries independently, escalate if required, ensure that standard IT questions are answered and provide accurate information to staff.
- Support the coordination of new applic
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s in computer science, or Information Technology is required.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
• Knowledge of safety precautions
• Ability to inspect and evaluate equipment/appliances and resolve malfunctioning quickly with other ICT staff.
• Ability to carry out the installation of the ICT equipment/appliances expertly and sometimes under difficult and awkward physical circumstances.
• Ability to multi-task and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to job requirements.
• Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing and draft various correspondence.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Five or more years of progressive experience in ICT.
Completion of two of the following certifications:
Fluency (level C) in English, Pashto and Dari is required. Knowledge of another official language of the United Nations would be an advantage.
Please copy and paste the below link into the browser to access the VA.
Afghanistan has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Broadband connection is not available in everywhere and mobile data as a most used way to connect to the world is very expensive. Job search portals are very heavy and takes lots of time to load; therefore making it very hard and time-consuming for job seekers to find their dream job. To address this problem we launched Afghanistan's first speed optimized job search portal, with at least 15 times faster load time and maximum 200 kbs page size.