Deputy Director Supply Chain (Re Announced) in Kabul
||Based on Salary Scale
|No. Of Jobs:
||Save the Children
||Minimum 5 years experience in logistics and operat
||Master's degree in a relevant academic discipline;
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI - Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, and we help children protect themselves and influence their conditions. We work with families, communities, and health workers in homes, clinics, and hospitals to promote basic health to save the lives of children and mothers
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Contribute to Country Programme Strategy by:
- Support the development of an organizational culture that reflects our dual mandate values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity, and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our Members and donors
- Help design and implement a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with agency practices and appropriate to program needs
- Ensure that the required support is provided promptly, at scale, and in line with the rules and principles during emergencies.
Oversight and Management of Supply Chain
- Responsible for overall coordination and delegated responsibility for field delivery of high-quality Procurement and Sourcing support to programming in line with the objectives of the country's strategy
- In close coordination with other departments, participate in the program proposal process and ensure that all programs progress by grant agreements, and are completed within time and on budget as delegated.
- Collaborate frequently with program staff on Awards Management and proposal development (operational budgeting) to minimize variances, no-cost extensions (NCEs), waiver exceptions, etc.
- Participate in conceptualizing and designing cost-effective, innovative, and high-quality programs to serve difficult-to-reach children
- Ensure that programs are supported in ways responsive to the communities, and children in line with Save the Children principles, values, and strategic plan and following Save the Children compliance procedures.
- Ensure the preparation of timely and high-quality logistics reports and, in coordination with program teams, the development of grant-specific procurement plans.
- Ensure country office supply planning is developed and it is by granting specific procurement plans,
- Develop and maintain an effective system for construction management in the country;
- Ensure program managers and budget holders provide Distribution Plans, and ensure it is in line with DIP and procurement plans.
- To ensure that Save the Children’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to the Sphere Charter, Save the Children Essential Standards, and the NGO Code of Conduct.
- Ensure that partners understand and accept SCI policies and donor guidelines for all operations and Supply Chain activities.
Supply Chain, Inventory, and Procurement
- Ensure that the Country Office Supply Chain capacity and systems meet the Save the Children Essential Standards and can satisfy the programming requirements
- Ensure appropriate and adequate emergency Supply Chain procedures are detailed in the Country Office Emergency Preparedness Plan to enable rapid scale-up
- Manage the Country Office Procurement department ensuring that all Supply Chain activities are coordinated with relevant SME
- Ensure that a strong coordination link between Procurement and Warehouse is in place to ensure seamless operation from orders to receiving in SCI Afghanistan warehouses
Humanitarian Response Management – Supply Chain
- Assist in strengthening organizational readiness to respond to emergencies in line with global SCI emergency goals and benchmarks
- Assist to design, update and implement a full set of emergency preparedness actions, especially in the area of procurement and sourcing
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years experience in logistics and operation management at a senior level in a large international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body;
- Experience in logistics operations scales up in emergencies.
- Experience in training and developing staff in logistics and administrative systems
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience in budget and financial management;
- In-depth practical knowledge of logistics systems and requirements in a multi-field office, multi-program setting;
- Effective self-organized, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work alongside others under stressful conditions in conflict-prone situations
- Extensive prior NGO experience in logistics management, within a complex/large-scale country program, and in emergency response/humanitarian environments (5 yrs +)
- Substantial experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing, and stock management.
- Experience in developing/implementing a complex international supply chain to support different types of programs, and coordinating resources to meet the program objectives
- Proven track record in managing and supervising others in logistics, including training and capacity building (international staff)
- Ability to synthesize and analyze complex information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Experience in advising and supporting others at all levels with logistics aspects of a program, including strategic thinking and planning
- Excellent planning, management, and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English, and the capacity to identify and develop opportunities with an organization-wide perspective;
- Cultural awareness with strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Technical experience/knowledge in specific types of humanitarian intervention (e.g. Health, WASH, Food Security (5+ sectors))
- Master's degree in a relevant academic discipline;
- Experience in delivering logistics and operational services in Afghanistan.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.
“Save the Children strongly encourages applications from women. Minimum country requirements for potential female applicants will be followed”