|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Salary:||As per Company Salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Bank-e- Millie Afghan|
|Experience:||Must have at least 5-7 years experience in the rel|
|Education:||MA or BA in Islamic Studies|
Bank-e- Millie Afghan (BMA) was the first financial institution established in Afghanistan in 1933. Similarly, it was the first financial institution established in a public private partnership set up with 72 percent share held by private sector. As a first bank in Afghanistan, BMA introduced formal banking services to the people and government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Since then, the banks competitive strength and ongoing market leadership philosophy lays in its strong capital base and proven trustworthiness.
In 1976, it was fully nationalized by the government of Afghanistan. Since its establishment, BMA is a leading banking in providing modern and secure banking services. Securing depositors' funds is the top priority of the bank. At the same time, the bank is contributing considerably to the development of manufacturing, agriculture, services, and international trade in the country. BMA is operating based on strong corporate governance principles, financial risk management and strict compliance to keep its credibility and trust. BMA has 16 city branches in Kabul and 22 provincial branches and equity investments in United States of America and England. And it is celebrating its 90th years of fame.
The Bank’s Shariah Board is the highest authority in making the final decision on matters related to the Shariah in the Bank’s course of business operation. Therefore, the Bank’s Shariah Board is responsible for the views, decisions and advices provided to the Bank and is expected to deliberate every arising issue extensively and in-depth before arriving at any decision. In doing so, the Shariah Board has the right to call upon any relevant party in the Bank or convene a meeting with the identified relevant parties to facilitate the decision making.
The SB has an advisory role only.
Duties & Responsibilities
Educational and certification:
The proposed member of the Shariah Committee shall at least either have qualification or possess necessary knowledge, expertise or experience in the following areas:
(a) MA or BA in Islamic Studies.
(b) Islamic jurisprudence (Usul al-Fiqh);
(c) Islamic transaction/commercial law (Fiqh ul-Mu'amalat).
(d) Knowledge of or at-least familiarity with the banking industry.
Strong knowledge of Shariah & law or Fiqh ul Mu'amalat or experience of at least 5-7 years giving religious rulings.
• Knowledge of or at-least familiar with the banking industry
• Adequate understanding of the detailed responsibilities of the committee membership as well as the bank's business, operations and risks;
• Proficiency in local languages and English, both oral and written
• Excellent communication skills;
• Have adequate time to perform his/her duties as Audit Committee Member at the Bank’s Office;
• The Shariah committee/board members must have an faultless track record in the companies he/she has served either in the capacity of an employee or director/chief executive or as chairman.
• Has not given any wrong fatwa’s on Islamic Finance transactions.
• Has not been associated with any illegal activity especially relating to banking business.
• Has not been convicted any criminal offence, involved in any fraud/forgery, financial crime etc.
• Has not been disqualified.
You should apply electronically by sending your CV and a one-page covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to E-mail given below.
PLEASE SPECIFY THE NAME AND VACANCY NUMBER IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL.
1. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
2. ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR FURTHER PROCESS.
Note: Applications will be not considered without mentoning entire email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) (email@example.com) in CC of thier email while appling for the position.
Vacancies@BMA.com.af / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Afghanistan has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Broadband connection is not available in everywhere and mobile data as a most used way to connect to the world is very expensive. Job search portals are very heavy and takes lots of time to load; therefore making it very hard and time-consuming for job seekers to find their dream job. To address this problem we launched Afghanistan's first speed optimized job search portal, with at least 15 times faster load time and maximum 200 kbs page size.