|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Salary:||As per AKES,A Salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||2|
|Organization:||Aga Khan Education Services|
|Experience:||3 years of experience|
|Contract Duration:||One year with possibility of extension.|
|Education:||14th Grade/TTC diploma of Science and Math. Related Bachelor's Degree will be preferred.|
Aga Khan Education Services(AKES), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is one of the largest private, not-for-profit, non-denominational educational networks in the developing world to improve the quality of life of the communities. Through the provision of ECD, formal (K-12) and nonformal education programs, AKES seeks to enable all children and students to acquire both knowledge and the essential wisdom needed to balance that knowledge and enable them to attain the highest fulfilment. AKES Afghanistan (AKES, A) started its operation in Afghanistan in 2004. Ever since, AKES, A has been providing quality ECD and non-formal education programs that benefitted thousands of children and students living in marginalized areas. Currently, AKES, A is operating in 6 provinces namely Kabul, Baghlan, Kunduz, Balkh, Samangan and Badakhshan reaching to over 25,000 children and students through one Central Office in Kabul, three Regional Offices and several AreaOffices. AKES, A is determined to establish the Aga Khan Early Learning Resource Center (AKELRC) in Kabul in 2021. The AKELRC will be a flagship ECD program serving as the national AKDN ECD Resource Center for early years and family programs in the country. The AKELRC, upon becoming a center of excellence for government, development partners and the private sector, will continuously create traditional and alternative professional development tools, resources, and opportunities for ECD teachers and practitioners at the national level. Finally, the AKELRC will move up the AKES, A ECD program expansion and program reform agenda through providing technical and programmatic support to a wide network of ECD centers (through Hub and Spokes Model) in eight provinces of Afghanistan.
The chemistry teacher is responsible to teach science and chemistry and act as a coach to students of different levels. Within the class, s/he should engage students in different activities and create an environment that enables students to learn the subjects and grow individually and in groups. S/he should ensure that each student has learned the subject based on the program standards.
• Teach math/physics/chemistry to different students at different levels: Science and math subjects will be taught at two levels (secondary and upper secondary levels) and the teacher will teach both levels.
• Create a learning environment that is team-oriented, student-centered, and aligned with Science and Math program aim and objectives.
• Act as a facilitator, and coach to support students’ growth: the teacher doesn’t only teach the subject, but s/he ensures that students are able to use their knowledge at school and outside the school.
• Effectively facilitate positive interaction between students and their peers as well as with the instructional staff.
• Provide specialized instructional strategies to ensure progress and acceleration as well as to meet the social and emotional needs of the student.
• Select and use appropriate learning materials to better teach and instruct the students.
• Use appropriate formal and informal assessment tools that ensure students have learnt the subject.
• Assess student learning and track student’s academic performance.
• To carry out the roles and responsibilities in a way which reflects AKES, A’s commitment to protecting children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with Safeguarding Manual and Child Safeguarding Policy.
Occasional Significant Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design the lesson plans that are aligned with the program structure and design.
• Develop weekly and monthly quizzes for students.
• Use appropriate formal and informal assessment tools to assess students’ growth and needs individually and adjust teaching strategies accordingly.
• 14th Grade/TTC diploma in Science and Math. Related Bachelors’ Degree will be preferred. Intermediate level Math knowledge (60% – 85% on recruitment test).
• Teaching experience of at least 3 years in urban areas or 1 year in rural areas.
• Adequate to excellent Math teaching knowledge and skills.
• Any other valid certificates in the field of Science and Math learning /teaching is an asset.
• High degree of initiative and commitment to the objectives of the program.
• Knowledge of Office Package and English Language is a plus point.
Please submit your application through the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/FuCaCeyHA4 no later than December 11, 2022.
▪ Ensure to upload your CV and Cover Letter in one file.
▪ Your cover letter must not exceed one page.
▪ Your CV must be a maximum of 3 pages.
▪ Do not upload any un-necessary documents unless you are asked to do so.
Aga Khan Education Service, Afghanistan’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity, child safeguarding and safeguarding of beneficiaries against abuse, bullying, exploitation, and all other sexual and non-sexual harassments
Afghanistan has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Broadband connection is not available in everywhere and mobile data as a most used way to connect to the world is very expensive. Job search portals are very heavy and takes lots of time to load; therefore making it very hard and time-consuming for job seekers to find their dream job. To address this problem we launched Afghanistan's first speed optimized job search portal, with at least 15 times faster load time and maximum 200 kbs page size.