|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As Per NTA (Grade-B)|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Roots of Peace|
|Experience:||Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible wo|
|Contract Duration:||One Year Extendible Subject to Project Funding|
|Education:||University degree in Agriculture. MSc degree especially in Horticulture is desired|
Roots of Peace is a humanitarian organization whose mission is to rid the world of landmines and other remnants of war by transforming toxic minefields into thriving farmland and communities, through a focus on sustainable, organic farming practices. Roots of Peace is implementing the 3-year, USAID-funded Agriculture Marketing Program.
The Agriculture Marketing Program (AMP) builds on the successes of Roots of Peace’s 10-year Commercial Horticulture & Agriculture Marketing Program (CHAMP), and aims over the 3-year period of implementation to increase export volumes and values, introduce new agricultural products to the market, diversify export markets and increase value-added processing. The increased exports will create additional demand for agricultural products that will drive job growth in rural areas. Key objectives/targets include increases in exports by US$450 million, domestics sales by US$50 million and jobs by 4,500.
Activities will include: researching new market opportunities for Afghan products; operating trade offices in key markets; organizing or participating in international B2B events, trade missions and trade shows; organizing promotional activities in key markets; providing incentives for businesses exporting new products or to new markets; training in new markets, food safety, access to finance, etc.; facilitating access to trade credit; and mitigating trade impediments.
Provincial Extension Coordinator will work under the overall supervision of the National
extension Director. He will also provide support to the relevant domestic market facilitation
and business development for the integration of the AMP perspective into the related plans
and the formulation of specific initiatives to empower afghan Agri-community, traders and
processors to increase their participation in large-scale commercial fruit production, boost
the domestic consistent supply and add value of the market oriented products.
S/he will ensure that all activities are undertaken in compliance with USAID and ROP
regulations, policies and procedures, and AMP objectives. S/he will undertake both
administrative and technical tasks.
The Regional coordinator will work in close synergy with domestic market facilitation,
irrigation team and business development Teams for achieving project deliverables in better
manner within planned timeframe. He will facilitate linkages meetings between farmers,
potential exporters and processors in close coordination with domestic market facilitation
and business development team to improve the quality of the product and boost the sales
from the respective region
Tasks to Support Role:
1) Provide the overall Organizational Planning process and design of an efficient
Planning system on regional level.
2) Guide and coordinate sound and efficient management and administration system in
the regional office.
3) Assist the National extension Director, Export facilitation and business development
and manage the extension team.
4) Attend the regular ARD TGW and PDC meetings in the region.
5) Assess training and development needs of field staff and provide appropriate
induction and orientation, training, supervision and support as required.
6) Attend the meetings with the Provincial Agriculture Directors on a monthly basis/ any
time required for maintaining close coordination.
7) Assist the Extension Officers in the selection of farmers and the members of the
farmers groups; developing their individual Work Plans; designing their schedule for
visiting farmers based on a regular visiting pattern; and in training the farmers and the
members of the farmers groups following the Crop Calendars and Training Calendar.
8) Organize and facilitate training of the Extension Officers assigned to him/her both on
technical as well as extension methodology and extension management related issues
according to Training Plan for Field Staff.
9) Facilitate and coordinate midterm reviews, external and internal evaluations and
10) Support the M & E officer for developing an efficient and effective M&E system.
DocuSign Envelope ID: 1F0602D6E509B544--584A5FBE--44FC5C49-8-AFFDD6E-8-0F27C1211E40B5982DE384
11) Supervise the field activities of all extension Officers based on the visiting schedule
and the work plan of the individual Extension Officer.
12) Organize and attend the regular biweekly meetings of the extension team.
13) Coordinate the activities of the program area under his responsibility.
14) Coordinate the collection of information by the Extension Officers and compile a
Monthly report according to the Reporting Format developed by ROP Management
15) Visit from field based on monthly work plan and oversee the program component in
16) Keep the National extension Director with update information regarding program
components in the region.
17) Resolutions of the problems raised in the field and is responsive for any questions
coming from field or seek advice for better solution from the top management.
18) Implement the AMP general strategy for the program in the region.
19) Develop six months’ and annual reports on AMP activities and submit it to the Ministry
of economy respective director.
20) Participate in all-related events (meeting, workshops, and conferences) and keep
network with the national and International organizations in order to stay informed
1) University degree in Agriculture. MSc degree especially in Horticulture is desired.
2) Good knowledge of Management, practical horticultural concepts, analyses, report
writing, evaluations, assessment and presentation.
1) Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible working experience in the field of
Agriculture, Coordination, management and/or project management experience
preferably in an international development setting.
1) Must have demonstrated understanding of coordination, Supervision and project
management skills with diverse team and large flow of information and activities.
2) Must be able to work independently and prioritize, show initiative experience in an
3) Ability and flexibility to work under stress and understanding to address sensitive
social and/or political issues.
4) Fluency in English language both spoken and written, in addition to local languages
Dari and Pashto
5) Demonstrated planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
6) Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
7) Ability to think and communicate clearly with others, motivate and lead people.
8) Advance computer skills specially in Micro soft Office
9) Strong analytical and communication, report writing and presentation skills
1) Should directly supervise the horticulture extension officers and administrative staff
for smooth implementation of the program requirements.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their Applications with clearly mentioning the job title and duty station of the vacancy in the subject line. Applications without mentioning duty station will not be cosidered.
Afghanistan has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Broadband connection is not available in everywhere and mobile data as a most used way to connect to the world is very expensive. Job search portals are very heavy and takes lots of time to load; therefore making it very hard and time-consuming for job seekers to find their dream job. To address this problem we launched Afghanistan's first speed optimized job search portal, with at least 15 times faster load time and maximum 200 kbs page size.